Writing and revision are necessary stages to any creation process—whether you’re writing fiction, nonfiction, marketing copy, even an important or sensitive email. We’re often stymied in the first steps of drafting and in the latter stages of revision because we feel stuck in our own ideas or well-trod storytelling pathways. This workshop is a chance to practice writing and drafting skills that open you up to new ideas while avoiding content creation pitfalls.
In this workshop, Claire Campbell, writer and teacher, will lead attendees through a series of prompts that engage their creative minds and open new avenues they couldn’t see before. This workshop is an opportunity for everyone to practice revision skills by listening to their own needs as creatives/artists/thinkers and applying that reflection to revision.
You should attend this workshop if:
- You have a hard time starting a writing project OR if you often get stuck in revision and want to give up
- You have a creative project that feels stuck and you can’t seem to get through the final stages
- You fear drafting content and need inspiration to get started
- You fear finishing a creative project and can’t seem to make those final, necessary revisions
- (one, some, or all of the above )
After this workshop, attendees will leave with:
- New strategies for being BRAVE when drafting and revising content
- Tips and tricks to get writing unstuck
- A renewed sense for how our creative needs often blend with our goals and ambition
- How we can harness this mystical connection to write bolder, better words
Experience Level Needed for Workshop
No previous knowledge or experience needed
Friday, September 20th, 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM at Lunar Collective